Anxiousless™ is a patented formula, exclusive to Nature's Sunshine, that makes use of Zembrin®, a proprietary extract of the South African herb Sceletium tortuosum.
At least three rigorous randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trials have been done that examine the effects of Zembrin® on the brain's responses to anxiety-provoking stimuli. Here is a link to one of them, which was published in the journal Neuropsychopharmacology. It found that a single dose of 25 mg Zembrin® had significant effects on the brain and its response to anxiety, primarily by being a PDE4 inhibitor. (PDE4 is an enzyme that plays a large role in anxiety and emotional memory.)
Only one company, HG&H Pharmaceuticals, is permitted by the South African government to harvest and export Sceletium extracts. HG&H has the extract patented, and licenses it to various companies in the US for distribution, one of them being Nature's Sunshine. HG&H's founding director is Dr. Gericke Nigel, a South African medical doctor, botanist, and ethnopharmacologist.
However, true to form, NSP wasn't satisfied with simply putting Zembrin® in a capsule and selling it like most companies do. Nature's Sunshine saw an opportunity for improvement with a synergistic combination with other substances. And they delivered--with a combination of Zembrin®, L-theanine, Magnesium, Zinc, and Thiamine. As you can tell by the graph, the results were startling. Nature's Sunshine Anxiousless™ has a inhibition of PDE4 that is 57% higher than everyone else's Zembrin® products--that simply use Zembrin® alone. And that is not going to change. Nature's Sunshine filed a patent on Anxiousless™, ensuring that this formula will stay EXCLUSIVE to NSP.
More about Zembrin®
- Zembrin® has self-affirmed Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) status in the US.
- Zembrin® has been clinically studied for efficacy.
- Zembrin® has been studied for safety in pre-clinical and clinical studies.
- Zembrin® is patented, with granted patents and new patent applications.
- Zembrin® is the only Sceletium extract with published pharmacology.
- Zembrin® is manufactured at a certified EU-GMP manufacturer, the first standardized extract to have been made from Sceletium.
- Zembrin® is produced from HG&H’s own elite naturally occurring chemotype of Sceletium, the first large-scale commercial cultivation of a Sceletium chemotype.
- Zembrin® is the only Sceletium product to carry the logo of its indigenous beneficiaries – the South African San Council.
All clinical and preclinical research on Zembrin® applies only to this proprietary standardized Sceletium extract, and not to other Sceletium-based products.
IMPORTANT NOTE: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. All statements are based on historical or anecdotal use of herbs and natural remedies. If a serious health condition exists, one should see a qualified medical doctor rather than rely on information given on this website.